An elderly patient is admitted with a serum [Na+] of 120mmol/L. She is alert and oriented and appears well.
- What specific initial laboratory tests would you order to further delineate the cause of her hyponatremia?
- What treatment options would you consider if…
- Your physical exam demonstrated she was euvolemic?
- Your physical exam demonstrated she was hypervolemic?
- Your physical exam demonstrated she was hypovolemic?
- How would your management change if this patient presented with new onset confusion, lethargy, a single episode of seizure, and a serum [Na+] 115mmol/L?